Monday, June 2, 2008

Deelite at the Peak


The Peak Tram celebrated their 120th anniversary. We had the honor of being apart of this historical celebration. I designed a 5 tier Topsy Turvy cake featuring all 5 generations of the tram. I also had the joy of attending the press event which was Fantastic!
Here are some photos of the event.


To commemorate this monumental celebration, the Peak Tram offered a ride up to the peak at its original price of 30 cents. An estimated 10,000 people showed up to ride on the tram. They also had people dressed up in fashion from 1888 to reflect the days of when the peak started.




I know its hard to see, but as you can tell there was no way I could squeeze my way in with the the press photographers to grab a close up shot of the cake cutting. I did try my best and stuck my hand up to take some random shots. Not a bad shot huh...:)

The cake was also featured in the newspaper the next day.